Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Grading the Comics: Week of August 3

Hey there, seems like forever since I graded my comic book purchases.
Having a baby in the house will do that. I have books from two or three weeks ago that I haven't even read yet.
=sigh=
Anyway, here's what I'm planning to buy today:


  • AGENTS OF ATLAS #9 - Darn it, I forgot to pick this up. Will try to snag a copy today.
  • BOYS #33 - Sick, what Butcher does to Payback, but very entertaining. And there's material besides that sets up some interesting stuff ahead. B
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN #2 (OF 5) - Good stuff. Steve Rogers is on his way back (slowly) and yet--will he be Cap when he finally returns? A-
  • DOOM PATROL #1 - Side by side with Metal Men, this is one wacked-out book. A must-read. A+
  • HULK #13 - Bruce says bye to A-Bomb and we're thinking Ol' Jadejaws is gone...? B
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE CRY FOR JUSTICE #2 (OF 7) - Haven't read it yet.
  • SAVAGE DRAGON #151 - Geez, for a dead guy, Dragon sure can carry a book. B
  • SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #6 (OF 12) - Didn't have a copy at the store, hope to have it tonight.
  • ULTIMATUM: FANTASTIC FOUR REQUIEM #1 - Ditto.
  • ULTIMATUM: X-MEN REQUIEM #1 - Ditto.

As I've said elsewhere (I think), I'm probably going to let the WildStorm stuff fall by the wayside. "World's End" has been an interesting direction for the books but I'm ready to let it go.

Ditto the Ultimate line of books. I wasn't thrilled with the last issue of ULTIMATUM (see below), and now seems like a good time to let those titles slip off my reserve list. I'll keep an eye on the line to see what's happening, and reserve the right to change my mind, but... we'll just have to see.

Man, I sure didn't have a lot to say about the books this week-- but I'll fix that soon enough.

later!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I completely agree about Doom Patrol! What a perfect match-up between them and the Metal Men.