Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hatemongering

I'm tired of it.
Honest.
I'm tired of the many who feel the need to fuel fires of hatred between groups, races, religions, ideologies...
Heck, I'm partisan about my politics, but it's gotten to the breaking point. America needs to come together, to be UNITED, in ways that it hasn't been in a generation. It's easy to point fingers and accuse figures of years past-- but that will not get us anywhere.
The hard part is figuring out what to do.
How to heal the gaping wounds inflicted on our sense of commonality, on our sense of being Americans and knowing what that means-- beyond the flag-waving and rhetoric of patriotism.
How to make this country great again.
I'm tired now... I think a lot of us are tired.
But we can recover.
Where do we go from here?
It's time we asked ourselves that question.

No comments: