Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Big Week in Comics!

Hey gang!
Looks like I'll be shelling out today. Here's what I have on my list for must-buy/maybe-buy this week:

  • Action Comics #857
  • Authority Prime #1
  • Countdown #27 (if I buy this, it's probably for the last time)
  • Doktor Sleepless #3
  • Gen 13 #13
  • Green Lantern Corps #17
  • Madame Mirage #3
  • She-Hulk #22
  • Superman #669
  • Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman Prime #1 (ah, how soon they grow up)
  • Teen Titans #52
  • Ultimate Spider-Man #115
  • Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters vol 2 #2
  • Walking Dead #43
  • X-Men #204 (go, Mike, go!)

And... is it me or is anyone else getting a little tired of the zombie variant covers on EVERYTHING? Don't get me wrong, I love Arthur Suydam's work... but I'm seeing it all over the place these days, and ubiquity is not engendering affection. In a way, it'll be a good thing when MARVEL ZOMBIES vol 2 is over--the zombieverse needs to go away for awhile. (Or maybe zombies are just monstrously overused in horror films of the last six or seven years. I know I'm not eager to see any more shambling corpses on the silver screen.)

Your mileage may vary.

2 comments:

Peter Nixon said...

Drew,

Any idea when the next issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight is coming out?

Peter

Drew said...

November 7, Pete. That's what it says on www.darkhorse.com, anyway!
Gotta admit, the Faith storyline "No Future For You" is a pretty good one.