Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Light Comic Book Week for Drew!

I didn't really buy very much yesterday, but... here's what I got (with remarks):

  • GEORGE R.R. MARTIN’S WILD CARDS #3 (OF 6) HARD CALL - haven't read it yet, want to take some time and enjoy this one
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #22 - is it me or is Dwayne McDuffie just not doing it in this title? I love the guy's work but his JLA run is disappointing me.
  • TRINITY #1-3 - haven't read it yet; Kat borrowed issues 1 and 2 last night.
  • ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #55 - what is the story with the new Salem's Seven? Geez, talk about an aggressive new superteam. Leave it to Mike Carey to reinvigorate a bunch I considered "morts" back in the day.
  • ULTIMATE X-MEN #95 - last issue, the X-Men got their asses handed to them by one badass Alpha Flight; now we're seeing a bit more about the mutant-amping drug Banshee, Cyclop's first optic blast (in flashback, natch), a secret agenda at work, and Vindicator showing signs of being a serious A-hole. Hm.

I'll post more opinion here as I finish the week's books. In the meantime, I'm reading OUT OF THE WILD by Sarah Beth Durst (see the link to her site on my home page). It's as fun and wacky in its sensibilities as INTO THE WILD (her first novel) and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Till then!

No comments: