Friday, May 9, 2008

Where did this week go?

Hey folks,

It's been a busy week. Kat had her birthday on Wednesday and we celebrated with dinner at Jaleo, then a visit to see the gang at Fantom Comics. Wackiness didn't precisely ensue but we did have fun hanging out with everyone. We also agreed that we'll be seeing Speed Racer this Sunday. Based on the reviews, I think I'd better bring dramamine if not Pepto-Bismol.

Still getting ready for the trip to England. Can't wait!


Other than that, I've been reading Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville novels. Kitty is a werewolf who hosts a nationally syndicated radio show discussing the supernatural. So far I've read the first two books; though werewolves aren't normally my favorite supernatural critter (and I've gotten pretty tired of vampires, sinceI'm discussing this), she makes Kitty and her supporting characters really come alive. I'll be keeping with this series as long as she's writing them.


Also on deck: Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson #4) by Rick Riordan. I've always loved Greek mythology; Riordan has a great knack for weaving ancient myths seamlessly into an ongoing tale of a boy who's Poseidon's son. Definitely one to follow, if you like urban fantasy YA (and who doesn't?).


I might have a Bugles Planet post coming up soon. Oh, and my review of Iron Man over at SFRevu? The folks at Marvel Comics took a peek at it and liked it a lot. Very very glad to hear that!

That's about all for now. See ya!

No comments: